Saturday, March 1, 2014

Road Trip Review - 2014 Edition - Month 2

It's already the end of February and time for the update on the next leg of the journey.

For starters, I gotta say, February has been the PITS!  It's cold, snowy and there is still no sign of relief.  We had a few nice days where I could get outside to walk, but for the most part, it's still been hibernation city!

Enough complaining...let's get right into the journey that my pal Julie and I are undertaking this year shall we?

The Facts:
  • First Pit Stop of the journey is Crowley State Park, Arkansas - 1399 km
  • Next stop and final destination is Devil's Den State Park, Arkansas - 325 km
  • Total of 1724 km
  • 5.70 km a day, 40.95 km a week and 172.40 km a month
  • We have 10 months to complete the journey, from January 1 - October 31
  • Our daily, everyday walking counts, but only up to half of our required distance - 2.85 km
  • Each 30 minutes of non-walking/running exercise counts as 0.50 km, up to 3.20 km of our total
The Road So Far:

Month 1 - January

- total walked: 197.53 km
- total eligible: 174.22 km
  ( + 1.82 over)

Month 2 - February

- total walked: 180.13 km
- total eligible: 160.05 km
  (- 12.35 behind)

GRAND TOTALS:
- total walked: 377.66 km
- total eligible: 334.27
  (- 10.53 behind)

If I'm being honest, I only fell behind in the last week.  Until then, I was staying the course and doing what I was supposed to...then on the 23rd I got lazy and stayed that way.  Actually, that is not entirely true...there were a couple of days in there where I knew I wouldn't be able to exercise, but didn't plan well enough to make sure I didn't fall behind on those days.  But with determination, I should be able to make up those 10 km by the end of the week.

I got my maps done too so you can see roughly where I am:


Getting close to the Detroit border

I'm pretty much camped out in the middle of nowhere!
This is from where I stopped last time to my new pitstop


I of course had to update my fancy dancy map downstairs.  I jumped in the impala with the Winchesters and continued on the journey.



There you have it!  I'm focused again and ready to walk the month of March away!

No comments:

Post a Comment