For starters, I gotta say, February has been the PITS! It's cold, snowy and there is still no sign of relief. We had a few nice days where I could get outside to walk, but for the most part, it's still been hibernation city!
Enough complaining...let's get right into the journey that my pal Julie and I are undertaking this year shall we?
- First Pit Stop of the journey is Crowley State Park, Arkansas - 1399 km
- Next stop and final destination is Devil's Den State Park, Arkansas - 325 km
- Total of 1724 km
- 5.70 km a day, 40.95 km a week and 172.40 km a month
- We have 10 months to complete the journey, from January 1 - October 31
- Our daily, everyday walking counts, but only up to half of our required distance - 2.85 km
- Each 30 minutes of non-walking/running exercise counts as 0.50 km, up to 3.20 km of our total
The Road So Far:
Month 1 - January
- total walked: 197.53 km
- total eligible: 174.22 km
( + 1.82 over)
Month 2 - February
- total walked: 180.13 km
- total eligible: 160.05 km
(- 12.35 behind)
- total walked: 377.66 km
- total eligible: 334.27
(- 10.53 behind)
If I'm being honest, I only fell behind in the last week. Until then, I was staying the course and doing what I was supposed to...then on the 23rd I got lazy and stayed that way. Actually, that is not entirely true...there were a couple of days in there where I knew I wouldn't be able to exercise, but didn't plan well enough to make sure I didn't fall behind on those days. But with determination, I should be able to make up those 10 km by the end of the week.
I got my maps done too so you can see roughly where I am:
|Getting close to the Detroit border|
|I'm pretty much camped out in the middle of nowhere!|
|This is from where I stopped last time to my new pitstop|
There you have it! I'm focused again and ready to walk the month of March away!