Friday, March 14, 2014

Follow Through Friday - # 9

FatChick2FitChick


It's time to review, so let's do that shall we?

Last week:
  • Walk my required km for each day - 5.70 km
  • Lose 1 lb
  • Restart the 30-Day Water Challenge
  • Food Journal EVERYTHING and stay within my calorie limit (1570 as per Lose It)
  • TOPS CHALLENGE - No Ice Cream
  • Increase the speed on my treadmill from 2.6 to 2.7
2 of 6 (details below)
  • I have slowly come to the realization that the exercise aspect is becoming habit.  I feel guilty if I don't at least do a little bit and find myself saying things like "well, I can kill 10 minutes on the treadmill and get in a few extra km"
  • I didn't quite lose the 1 lb, but I am still pleased.  I heading to the scales thinking I would be up for sure
  • I haven't "officially" started the challenge, but I am back to drinking almost 8 cups of water a day
  • I did NOT food journal everything...I in face did not food journal ANYTHING.  A wise friend of mine reminded me that I no longer am able to have tomorrow's, but have to get right back on track immediately!  It's good advice!
  • The big bowl of ice cream I had after my stint on the treadmill Sunday goes to prove that I didn't follow through with that one!
  • I decided that I am just content with my comfortable pace, it will just mean I may need to increase my time on the treadmill and I'm ok with that for now.
Goals For The Week
  • Walk my required km for each day - 5.70 km
  • Lose 1 lb
  • 30-Day Water Challenge
  • Food Journal EVERYTHING and stay within my calorie limit (1565 as per Lose It)
  • TOPS CHALLENGE - No salty snacks
Food

I let this slide and the thing is this...I KNOW I can't do that!  It's the aspect where I drop the ball E-V-E-R-Y-T-I-M-E!!!  I need to make food logging habit, just like I did with exercise.  No one cares what my food log is over by 50,000 calories!  It's not for any purpose other than to help make me more self-aware.  I can't do that if I'm not being honest with myself!

Exercise

Now that I have created an exercise habit for myself, I am now going to work on making up my "missing" km in my walking challenge.  That means perhaps adding an additional 2.85 km of exercise some days.  I'm not technically behind in the challenge anymore, but I want to "bank" hours for days when I just can't get them in.  

Here's to a great week!

2 comments:

  1. You will be able to build a habit of the food log, I know it! It will start slow and eventually writing down everything will be just like taking in your water or sneaking your extra km time on the treadmill! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are doing awesome and making some great changes! I may need to join this linkup :)

    ReplyDelete