Friday, March 7, 2014

Follow Through Friday - # 8

Woo Hoo!  It's Friday peeps!


FatChick2FitChick

Link up time!  This is by far my favorite one...it gets me re-focused going into the weekend, which prove to be my toughest 2 days.

Last week:
  • Walk my required km for each day - 5.70 km
  • Lose 1 lb
  • Finish up the 30-Day Water Challenge
  • Food Journal EVERYTHING and stay within my calorie limit (1567 as per Lose It)
  • TOPS CHALLENGE - No Chocolate
  • Increase the speed on my treadmill from 2.6 to 2.7
1 out of 6 (details below)
  • I had a few lazy days, right towards the end of the month for the walking challenge update.  I ended up being about 10 km behind on my monthly totals.  
  • Did not lose..gained 0.50 lbs, but I blame my period!
  • I finished the 30-Day Water Challenge.  I petered out near the end...will continue on with is
  • I lost momentum with the food journaling....craving everything will do that for you!
  • I totally forgot what the challenge was and gave into my PMS craving and scoffed down left over chocolate chips in the corner...hoping my daughter didn't come in and want some too!
  • I didn't spend as much time on the treadmill as I wanted, so I didn't increase my speed each time I was on it.
Goals For The Week
  • Walk my required km for each day - 5.70 km
  • Lose 1 lb
  • Restart the 30-Day Water Challenge
  • Food Journal EVERYTHING and stay within my calorie limit (1570 as per Lose It)
  • TOPS CHALLENGE - No Ice Cream
  • Increase the speed on my treadmill from 2.6 to 2.7
Food

I can already assure that that I have over-indulged and NOT logged my food very carefully.  It's Friday and I have 4 days before I weigh in again and get myself back in line!  Why can food journaling not be easier?  Does someone want to come and do it for me!?!?!  I also started to slide on my water intake and back into the pop consumption.  Need to curb it NOW!  No ice cream was my contribution to the TOPS challenge.  Ice cream is hit and miss for me.  If it's in the house I will eat it, but I don't go out of my way to have it.

Exercise

I have a few km to make up for with my walking challenge.  I am hoping to do that this weekend, including a walk or two outside if it ever warms up!  Spring is soon...right?  I was miraculously hoping that increasing my speed on the treadmill would make the km just zip by faster, but apparently, increasing by only .1 does not do that! Hubby has also decided to start running on the treadmill....his walking speed is my running speed!  He better not break my treadmill or I will break him!  Speaking of exercise, I saw mention of a website with exercice mixes on it.  I checked it out and I tell ya...I'm in LOVE...and it's FREE!  I love it because they have re-mixed the songs to up the tempo and you can search by genre or beats per minutes.  I may have already downloaded all of the 80's mixes.  Want to check it out for yourself?  Just go to www.steadymixes.com and be prepared to fall in love too!

2 comments:

  1. ... came from the Follow Through Friday link-up :)

    Food journaling is hard ... I think I've actually got the tracking down (I use MFP), but it's the food CHOICES that still get me! I like my ice cream (and all other treats) as well. It's been a bad ice cream eating week ... but a yummy one! I'll have to check out the music website, I mostly workout to tv programs, but I do like music for my mile jog.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food journaling stinks! Someone needs to invent an app that lets you just talk into your phone with vague descriptions of food and log it for you. "Had three bites of my kid's partially eaten PB&J" or "two handfuls of caramel corn".
    I love that steadymixes website. I'm going to have fun with that one!

    ReplyDelete