Saturday, January 18, 2014

Follow Through Friday - #1

I was reading one of my favorite blogs for inspiration, 24 to 30, and she did a post about a new link up she had joined!

I thought, perfect! I love a good link up, so I thought I would give it a try!


FatChick2FitChick

It's a recap of your week and to see if what you accomplished helped you towards your goal or got in the way.

I feel my week has been pretty good.  In my mind, my week runs a bit of a different schedule than the regular...for me, my week starts Wednesday morning...because of my TOPS meeting on Tuesday nights....Wednesday is my Monday.  Clear as mud, right?  But I will review from Sunday on.

Getting on the scale each week gives me perspective and a chance to make changes if necessary.

Goals For the Week

  • walk 40.95 km for my walking challenge - so far I have completed 40.42 km and I still have today's to get in.
  • Climb 1776 stairs for my CN Tower Challenge - I am on track for that one
  • Lose 1.5 lbs - I will see how it goes on Tuesday, but I feel good about it.
  • Take a picture of myself everyday - so far so good....will share them a bit further down

Food

I started out the week trying real hard to food journal, but it just didn't work out very well.  I end up having something that isn't easily found in the list of foods, make a guess and get discouraged.  I guess that is part of the problem when you cook more than you eat out.  My plan instead is to just use better judgement for now.  Staying away from the junk.  While I do still have some things, it's not to the same extent as before.  I was also successful in keeping with my meal plan for the week and resisted the temptation to just make things easy and bring home dinner.

Exercise

I have been taking to the treadmill like it's going out of style!  I am not a  morning person, so I end up working out once the kiddo's go to bed.  From about 8 - 9, I walk on the treadmill.  I decided to pick a show on Netflix that is JUST my treadmill show.  I picked "Drop Dead Diva"  I think it's great so far and it makes me want to watch the next one and get back on the treadmill for the next episode.  I have also been climbing stairs.  To keep up with my stair climbing challenge, I have to go up and down the stairs about 12 times a day.  Honestly, there are some days I don't do the stairs in the house more than once, so it's a good challenge.  I have been trying to do them in sets of five.  It does get your heart rate up, if you have stairs at home, you should try making them a part of your workout!

Pictures


I wanted to start taking pictures of myself everyday.  In part to help document the changes I hope my body will go through, but also to help myself get more comfortable in front of the camera.

Tuesday

Wednesday - taken by Abby

Wednesday - with Abby

Wednesday - with mini me

Thursday - this is "the outfit'" for me right now

Thursday

Friday

Saturday - with my partner

Saturday - love from my girl


So, there you have it!  My week in a nutshell!  Go join the link up and share your week too!

5 comments:

  1. the pictures are AWESOME!! And I love the neckline on that striped sweater!!! M<3 <3 I may have to look in to that link-up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are soooooo sweet! thanks so much for linking to me! you look great in that sweater...and I cannot get over how much your daughter looks like you! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete