Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Truth Of Tuesday Night

If you recall, last week I was so inspired by our TOPS awards night that I set myself a mini goal of getting in at least 10,000 steps each day.

I am very proud to report that I kept that goal and in most instances, got in more than 10,000 steps.

It was easier than I thought.  It basically amounted to my normal activity for the day, plus a 10 - 20 minute walk.  Eventually, I think I would like to increase that goal a bit, but for now I am going to stay with that number.

As for the scales,

Last week: 243.25 lbs
This week: 243.25 lbs

No change, AGAIN

I managed to stay the same last week and that is the next best thing to losing.  I probably could have done better if I managed my eating better last week in conjunction with the steps, but I vowed to only focus on one task at a time.  Which meant, I pretty much ate the calories I burned, but the ice cream was yummy.

This week, I decided to add another task for the week to increase my goal.

This week, I am also going to add a food journal.  This is the real tough one for me.  I do well for about half of the day and then forget about it later.  Again, it will just be the journaling, not worrying about the quality or quantity of food, just the honesty of tracking it.

On a side note, thanks so much for all the nice comments I get.  It's nice to read them and there are even some new people, so Hello and thanks.
I do my best to reply to everyone that comments, but there are some of you that are listed as "no-reply blogger", which means your e-mail is not linked up to allow me to click "reply"

If you haven't gotten a response to a comment you made, that could very well be the reason.  I used to be one too until I found this great tutorial and changed it!  Hope you will too!

Until next time,
Amy

UPDATE, found a new link up....I'm joining :-)

Pretty Strong Medicine

6 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you for going out of your comfort zone and starting a food journal! You will be surprised at how much it will help and you will notice how much you are eating and the patterns in your food habits. It may be a good eye opener for you!! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job hitting your goal :) I am going to start logging my food, too. Not a fun task >:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its frustrating when the scale doesn't budge!

    the food journal will really help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the food journal will help a lot! I'm on MyFitnessPal which is a great way to track your food, water, exercise, progress, etc. (heawhita) I need to get more consistent with it too, though.

    Thanks for linking up today! We are so happy to have you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining the link up! I love finding new blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are AWESOME! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete