Friday, June 21, 2013

Fitness Friday - 06/15 - 06/21

I actually had a pretty good fitness week.  Here is hoping I can just keep it up.  My interest tends to falter after a week or so of anything.  I'm non-commitale I guess!

Saturday:  grocery shopping and a 30 minute family walk after dinner

Sunday:  1 hour long walk on the trails with the hubby and kids

Monday: 30 minute family walk after dinner

Tuesday:  30 minutes of walking throughout the day

Wednesday:  I didn't get much in.  Walked the kids to school and daycare and took a short walk at work

Thursday:  Fun Fair at the Daycare, I was on my feet wandering around for over 2 hours....TIRED!!!

Friday:  I didn't make a point of any real exercise today.  I was still tired and lacked any energy.

I did tonight however, have a little dance party with my daughter.  Their daycare is great and they have a dance party every day.  It's not just kids music either.   Here is the video for the song we "slow danced" to

 
Wagon Wheel - Darius Rucker

She will randomly sing this song and if it comes on in the van, you can see her bopping around in her seat.  Plus, it's one of my new favorite country songs.
FYI, Darius Rucker was the lead singer for Hootie and the Blowfish, but now has a solo career in the country music circle.  And yes, that is the "Duck Dynasty" fellows in the video.

Anyhoo, we listened to this song twice and it was quite the workout slow dancing with her.  I basically carried around a 40lb weight for 10 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you listened to Darius! I love him!!! Another good one is Florida Georgia Line, if you like the country music/pop-influenced country type thing.

    Your week looks good!

    I'll be back to blogging soon! Final exam is Tuesday I'm using all of my brain to get through it! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my new favorite songs, too - a contestant on The Voice sang it and I immediately downloaded their version and the "hootie" version :)

    ReplyDelete