Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Truth Of Tuesday Night

Now that I am better on track, I enjoy Tuesdays again.

I knew I was going into tonight's TOPS meeting with a loss.  I worked hard this week.  By worked hard I mean I stayed away from the junk food and made it a point to walk more.

No more letting excuses get in my way. 

It paid off,

Last week: 247.75 lbs
This week: 245.25 lbs

That's a loss of 2.50 lbs

I'm encouraged that my hard work showed results.  It would have been disappointing to know I had worked as hard as I did and still gained.

Tonight my group discussed an older program called Cut & Burn

The idea behind it is to get you started on the right track to changing your habits towards diet and exercise and the path to losing weight.

It is exactly like it sounds.

Each day, you cut 100 calories from your diet and burn 100 calories through exercise.

Keep in mind that 1 pound of fat = 3500 calories.

Want some examples?

Cut 100
  • leave 1 tbsp. of butter off of your bread
  • make your sandwich without the slice of cheese
  • leave four bites on your plate
  • instead of a full glass of juice, add a splash of juice to sparkling water
Burn 100
  • dance for 15 - 20 minutes
  • vacuum and scrub floors for 25 minutes
  • climb up and down your stairs for 15 minutes
  • wash your car for 25-30 minutes
If you really put some thought into it, there are lots of ways you can make small changes each day.

Now, this plan won't have you losing a pound a week, to do that, math says you need to cut 250 calories and burn 250 calories each day.  That is still do-able, just need to work a bit harder.

So, that is the plan for the week.  I am going to try to keep at what I was doing and incorporate the cut and burn program.

Below is the quote I posted for the group:

3 comments:

  1. Woot! Congrats on the awesome loss this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot woot! A loss! Huzzah!!

    Love the quote too! I find my inner skinny girl is held back by my outer fat girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete