Monday, March 4, 2013

My "Ah-Ha" Moment Of The Weekend

Firstly, let me say, I had a pretty "grown up" weekend.  I ate reasonably, went outside to play ball hockey with the kids on Saturday and got my work out gear all ready Sunday night for an early Monday morning on the treadmill.

I had some time to myself at home on Saturday. My hubby had to run into town to get dog and hamster food and he took the kids.  I stayed home to fold and put away laundry.  I must admit, alone times in the morning are my favorite.  Not because they are super productive, because they are.  Nope, because I put my MP3 player on and sing and dance around the house.   No one is there to complain about how loud I am or laugh at my wonderful dance moves.

As I was putting away loads of clothes, I had a bit of a realization in regards to this weight loss thing.  My original plan when I started was to lose 100 lbs, and have my goal weight of 150lbs.  Forever, I would tell myself, "I need to lose 100 lbs"  Suddenly, I realized, that is not the case anymore. My current weight is 247.25 lbs, which means I only need to lose around 97 more pounds.

It will take a bit of work to change the thinking, to tell myself I am closer to goal than I thought.  I mean, I am now under the 100 pound mark.  I know some people try to break their losses down into smaller chunks.  For a moment to celebrate, it would be great to do this, but my mind doesn't work like that.  If I set my next goal as 240 lbs, I would still see the "bigger picture" in my head.

Does this make sense? 

Oh yeah, I did in fact get up and walk on the treadmill this morning too.  I did a few things to make it happen.  I left the blind open last night, so that the room wouldn't be so cozy and cave like.  It helped, plus when 6:30 rolled around, I just got out of bed, no matter how much I hated the idea.  I do have to admit though, it was a real crappy walk on the treadmill.  I wasn't interested in doing it.    Abby came downstairs with me and wanted to watch her shows.  That was fine, I was just going to pop on Netflix and watch something, but it wouldn't work for me.  I didnt' bring down my music either, so I was stuck watching Max and Ruby while doing my best to struggle through 20 minutes.  I did it though and that is my small victory!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your ah-ha moment with the weight loss! I am working on that too, I am down a nice number and am so close to 50 lbs and just trying to reach that goal, I lose focus of how far I have come already. The most important thing I think is you learn more about yourself as a person and grow in ways you never dreamed were possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to do whatever works best for you! Great to see you had such a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete