Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013

It's a fresh start.  That is what the New Year means to me.  It's time to forget about the holiday season and start anew.

The holidays were killer and I had no restraint whatsoever. I was without a TOPS meeting for 2 weeks and I am positive it had a bigger affect then I had first thought.  From the scales at home, it looks like I am up about 5 pounds.  Not something I am proud of and I know how much work will be involved to get it off.  But I am determined.

On July 9, 2012, I made myself a mini goal of losing 30 pounds by Christmas.  It would have been attainable if I had worked my ass off, but alas I didn't and in the end, I was down 17 lbs.  Not bad, but not what I had hoped.

At that time, I also posted pictures.  I made my hubby take new ones tonight...let's compare shall we?  On the left is from July and the right is from tonight.





I don't notice a huge difference, but I do see a little.  I'm not sure how much of it is the difference in lighting?

I got back on the treadmill tonight for the first time really in about 4 months.  I DID NOT WANT TO!  But I told myself, I will get on and make it a goal to burn just 100 calories.

A while ago, TOPS had a program called Cut and Burn.  The idea was to burn 100 calories and cut each calories each day.  For right now, I am going to do that.  My motivation to run is not there right now, so I gotta walk before I can run.  I will get back to it, just not ready yet.

Here's to a new year and I hope you continue to follow me!




3 comments:

  1. You look so much slimmer! I see it in your face the most!

    I also gained 5 pounds over Christmas but still haven't faced the exercise...maybe next week?!

    I did eat much smaller portions today though so I'm already getting into the groove of it all.

    Can't wait to see what the year brings for you and your health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy - I know you can do it!! Remember... each step you take is one more step than the couch potato still sitting on the couch!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can see the difference in your pictures. We will get there!

    ReplyDelete