Monday, August 13, 2012

Back On Track - Sorta!

So, I vowed today I would get back on track!

Then it turns out to be one of those days that goes to hell in a hand basket.

I made a great attempt, really I did!

I packed my lunch on Sunday...all excited to use my new lunch dishes and try a couple new snacks.  It looked healthy and appealing!  I couldn't wait for lunch actually!


Let me show you around:

(From left to right)

  • left over ham steak
  • pretzels
  • Fibre 1 bar
  • grapes
  • raspberries
  • cucumber
  • dip
  • greek yogurt
  • babybel cheese
  • crystal light
This actually is both breakfast and lunch.  The yogurt and bar for breakfast and the rest for lunch.

It was about 640 calories, which is about what I like to have each day for both meals.  That leaves me with about 1000 calories for dinner.  It's the meal I most enjoy each day, so I try to make sure I can.

However today, it was not enough.  I was hungry by 2.  My plan, to go home and have a toasted tomato sandwich.

That is what I did.  I had 2 slices of light bread with a couple slices of tomato to tie me over for dinner.  Brian wasn't going to be home, so I could have what I wanted.

Dinner was pasta with plain tomato sauce and with some Parmesan cheese, totaled in at about 784 calories.

I was about right on track.  From there though, it went all downhill

Abby wasn't quite herself at bedtime and I got her tucked in finally at 7:30.  I jumped in the tub and she just cried in bed that her tummy hurt.

I got out and had a little cuddle with her on the couch.  She was just drifting off when I put her back to bed.  She woke up right away, saying she was going to be sick.  So, she ran to the bathroom and was indeed sick (this is a very common thing for her, so don't feel too bad for her...just feel bad for me, as it's normally Brian's job to clean up, but he wasn't home)

I brought her back for another little cuddle and hoped to get her back to bed by 8:30 so I could go for my intended run.

NO LUCK!  Brian came home closer to 9 and she finally allowed us to tuck her in about 9:30.

I didn't really stop eating either...I had another bar, some of Brian's left over french fries and just now, a good handful of candy!

ARG!  

It really is so hard to get back on track!

Lunch is made again for tomorrow and I packed more food.  I need to fill myself enough to last until about 8:30.  I try not to eat dinner on Tuesday nights before my weigh in.  I never used to bother with this, just ate with the family, but started feeling full and bloated and thought I would try this method instead.  It's a hard adjustment.

I am very ashamed to say, I was over my calorie intake by a whopping 773 calories!!!!!

I had already told myself today, I will do another posted food diary to make myself accountable and get back on track!  What a way to start!

Kick me now people!

Tomorrow I will do better!

Until next time,

Amy


4 comments:

  1. Don't feel too bad girly... we all have those nights where it just seems like it will never end. I am a snacker by nature, and with John not really joining me on the diet wagon he keeps various sweets around... Whenever I feel tempted, I instead grab a huge glass of ice-ice-ice-cold water and have that instead. Sure, I'm disappointed because it's nowhere NEAR satisfying, but I feel good about the choice! :)

    Instead of candy, try a handful of grapes next time! OR better yet, punish your craving of sweets with a food you don't exactly enjoy (like green beans?!), it's like reverse conditioning! When you think about candy, you'll taste green beans! :-O

    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not every day can be perfect. Just consider each day a new fresh start.

    Oh and if you get hungry before 2 again, you might want to try adding more protein to your meal. Try swapping out the pretzel sticks for some nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Yazim - you need some more protein to help keep you full. Nuts, peanut butter, cottage cheese, hard boiled egg, deli slices of turkey/chicken. Oh, and could you come and pack my lunch for me too, please?!! And where, oh where did you get that lunch container??!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant Yazmin... opps!

    ReplyDelete