Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Truth Of Tuesday Night

Please excuse that this post is coming at you a day late..but better late than never I say!

Last night was not a regular TOPS meeting night.  It was our annual Awards Night.  We get together for a pot luck meal at one of the member's house and have a nice meal and recognize everyone's achievements throughout the year.

The food was great and of course there was plenty of it.

The awards were great too!  Very inspirational, even on the small scale of just our 12 members.  One member reached a milestone of 35lbs loss!

I wasn't without awards myself, however I was very surprised to get them!

Biggest Loser for September 2011

Biggest Loser for March 2012

They may just be simple pieces of paper, but they are very meaningful.  It was a gentle reminder to get on track again.  I have been floundering for the past couple weeks, barely scraping by with a loss.

We did weight in before the meeting

Last week (unofficially) 261.25 lbs
This week: 263.25 lbs

Yup, that is a GAIN of 2lbs!

I'm so disappointed but not entirely surprised!

That number means I have gained back everything I lost in June, plus a little bit more!

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME!

And I don't want to see any comments saying, "well, we all have our rough patches, you will get back on track!"

Nope, I wanna see comments that say "Hey lard-ass, what do you expect when you let your treadmill gather dust!"

Maybe I need to make a new sign that reminds me of the childhood song:

"Tubby Tubby 2x4
Couldn't fit through the bathroom door
So he did it on the floor
Tubby Tubby 2x4"

(who teaches that song to children anyway?  I have no idea why it popped into my head this weekend either!)

Anyway, tonight is my first night of couch to 5k.  I talked about how I wanted to get going on it and my quick foray into running was enjoyable - AFTERWARDS.  That was mostly talk and no action.  It was about that time that I just stopped doing anything but eat!

TONIGHT I WILL RUN!!

RUN FOR MY LIFE!!

RUN FOR ME!!

3 comments:

  1. "Hey lard-ass, what do you expect when you let your treadmill gather dust!"

    You asked for it! You can say it back to me now (but I don't have a treadmill, so you can use 'running shoes').

    I'm getting back on the running train tonight as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run like the wind! The only one you disappoint by gaining weight is yourself. On my computer, I have a collage of motivation quotes and pictures. This one comes to mind for you...

    Losing weight is hard,
    Maintaining weight is hard,
    Staying fat is hard;
    CHOOSE YOUR HARD.

    You will struggle but it is up to you to chose your hard and then run with it. Pick yourself up and run hard on that treadmill and make a conscious effort to eat healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, you got to RUN! You will feel so much better about yourself! I hate that you feel bad but maybe it's the kick in the pants that you need to get moving!

    ReplyDelete