Saturday, July 14, 2012

Food Diary - Day 4

It's Saturday and again...typically a difficult day.  Between the easily available food and the stress of kids, I tend to eat more on a weekend.

I tell ya, having to blog my food diary to everyone is really helping!

When doing it just for yourself, you can "forget" to add a few things here or there, but if I did that while sharing with everyone, I would feel pretty darn guilty about it.  I also told myself a few times...

"sure you WANT that, but you don't NEED it!  Are those 7 big foot candies REALLY worth 30 minutes on the treadmill?"

NOPE!!  Not gonna happen!  I want to burn those 130 calories for something I enjoyed a whole lot more.

I also thought I would share one of my favorite ways to prepare potatoes for dinner.  Around here, we eat potatoes at least 3 times a week.  There are only so many ways to prepare them and this way is pretty versatile.  You can chop them up for the over or the BBQ.

First off, here are a couple of pictures


Aside from potatoes, which I quartered today, but you could chop into any shape and size you want, all you need is some olive oil and Club House Vegetable Seasoning.  I find it in the spice aisle.  It's zero calorie and salt free.  It adds a nice flavor to the potatoes.  You could use it on other veggies I suppose, but in this house, that is a moot point.

Here is a picture of the potatoes all chopped up and seasoned...all ready to go on the BBQ!


I am fairly liberal with both the olive oil and the spices, but it's up to you.  Cook until done, about 45 minutes, depending on size.  If you are doing them in the oven, stir them up about every 15 minutes or so.

Anyway, on to the food diary for today.

Breakfast:  (390 cal)

1 Lemon Cranberry Muffin (Farmer's Market Brand from Independent Grocer)

Lunch:  (575 cal)

1/2 Buffalo Chicken Sandwich (couldn't let those left overs go to waste!)
30g Cheese

Dinner:  (728 cal)

1 chicken kabob
1 pita, broiled with garlic butter
1 potato
1tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp butter
15g feta cheese
5 oz. tomato juice
1/2 chocolate pudding

Snack:  (80 cal)

2 Popsicles

Exercise for today - 35 minutes of walking/running - 182 calories burned

NUMBER TOTALS FOR THE DAY:

Calories In: 1773 calories
Calories Burned: 182 calories

Under by 126 calories

So there you have it.  At this point, I can WAIT until I hit the scales on Tuesday.  I am anticipating a loss of at least 2 lbs!  Here's hoping!

Until next time,

Amy


2 comments:

  1. Good job girlie!! I bet the scales will be good on Tuesday. I am proud of your for logging your food and sharing with everyone! It helps with the accountability factor. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like your eating habits are getting better as the week goes on. Plus, I think the journal is really helping you to stay on track. I hope you keep it up even after your week is over. maybe you could stay accountable by showing us one week per month?

    ReplyDelete